Learning the possibilities and options you have when creating a t-shirt design is an essential investment in becoming a professional t-shirt designer. In this workshop, we'll go over all the ingredients that go into a t-shirt design. Let's get started!
In this course we will cover:
- Every t-shirt design should have a story behind it
- The history of the graphic t-shirt
- What makes a good t-shirt design
- The varieties of t-shirts and fabric
- Garment dyes and garment washes
- Alternative printing methods like Direct to Garment (DTG) and Dye Sublimation
- Oversize and allover printing techniques
- How the different kinds of color separation work
- Varieties of screen printing ink
- Specialty inks and printing methods that will set your designs apart
- Supplies needed to screen print a t-shirt
- We will finish off with a demonstration showing how you can screen print a t-shirt - even at home!