This StudiGuide course provides a practice review-testing resource for police academy cadets (based on the state of California’s Commission on Peace Officer Standard and Training 'POST' requirements) to help understand and pass the POST written examinations.
DISCUSS the impact of drugs on the body
RECOGNIZE the category, common name(s), symptoms, physical properties and packaging of the following controlled substances, and how they are introduced into the body and general indicators of use:
· Narcotic Analgesics (Opiates)
· Dissociative Anesthetics (Phencyclidine – PCP)
RECOGNIZE the crime elements required to arrest and RECOGNIZE the crime classification as an infraction, misdemeanor or felony for the following:
· Possession of drug paraphernalia
· Being under the influence of a controlled substance
· Possession of a Controlled Substance
· Possession of a Controlled Substance for Sale
· Transporting/Selling/Furnishing, etc., of a Controlled Substance
· Possession of Precursor Chemicals for Manufacturing
· Manufacturing a Controlled Substance
· Possession of marijuana/concentrated cannabis
· Smoking/ingesting marijuana/concentrated cannabis in public
· Cultivating or Harvesting Marijuana
· Possession of marijuana/concentrated cannabis for sales
· Transporting/selling/furnishing, etc., of marijuana/concentrated cannabis.
IDENTIFY the characteristics and types of a clandestine laboratory/illegal cannabis cultivation along with the required safety precautions when securing a clandestine laboratory/illegal cannabis cultivation.