This StudiGuide course provides a practice review-testing resource for police academy cadets (based on the state of California’s Commission on Peace Officer Standard and Training 'POST' requirements) to help understand and pass the POST written examinations.
RECOGNIZE the following:
· a peace officer’s responsibility for the safety of a juvenile and the general public
· the conditions when admonishment of a juvenile's rights is or is not required
· the conditions when a peace officer must obtain a waiver of a juvenile’s rights
· the sources of peace officer authority to take a juvenile into temporary custody
· the options available to a peace officer for the disposition of a juvenile case
· the conditions under which a juvenile may become a dependent of the court
· the situations in which a juvenile can be taken into temporary custody due to habitual disobedience or truancy
· the situations in which a juvenile can be taken into temporary custody for violating a law or ordinance
· the guidelines requiring the separation and segregation of dependent minors, status offenders, and wards within a facility
· the appropriate level of confinement for the purposes of temporary custody
· the need for preventing all contact between juveniles and adult prisoners within a facility
RECOGNIZE the crime elements of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and RECOGNIZE the crime classification as a misdemeanor or felony.
Selected information from this written examination will also appear on your End-of-Course Proficiency Test.