Play Modern Blues Now is an practical modern blues or “fusion" course taught by Steve Stine, Professor of Modern Guitar Studies at North Dakota State University.
You'll learn everything you need to know to become a complete, well-rounded guitarist who can…
- Learn techniques and tricks to create sounds you only hear in Fusion Blues
- Develop your own unique style and signature sound
- Apply and play almost immediately using Steve Stine's fun and practical approach to teaching guitar.
Start from the blues basics like the 12-bar blues and I-IV-V progression and move on to learn advance tricks and techniques like:
- Adding the 9th and 6th scale extension to spice up your sound
- The hybrid and dominant pentatonic scale
- Shape bending technique and parallel key soloing to add a subtle "kick" to your solos
- The altered dominant scale and half diminished scale to give your solos an edgy, moody feel
- Chromatics and arpeggios
- How to always play with interesting rhythm elements
- Vocal techniques like slides, bends and vibrato
- Guitar elements (whammy bar, double stops, open strings, string skipping)
- and much much more...
If you're an intermediate guitar player looking to build a fresh unique sound to your playing then this course is for you!