Want to know how to ensure your performance management conversations are motivating and energising, inspiring and effective, whether formal or informal? Then this is the course for you. In this course, we go beyond the standard advice to listen well or to set SMART goals and look at the psychology of motivation and communication to learn what really makes the difference.
The course involves watching video drama and lectures and also includes:
- Learner notes and exercises for each section to enhance and consolidate learning
- A short quiz at the end to check learning
- Downloadable resources and web link
- Video populated with written captions to emphasise key learning points.
By studying this course, you will learn:
- The importance of clarity of purpose for your conversation
- How to set your conversation up to succeed
- The difference between corrective and amplifying feedback
- The importance of learning from success
- The importance of attending to your emotional state in the conversation
- How to use behavioural science to increase the effectiveness of performance management conversations
- How learning occurs, and how to encourage effective learning
- How to work with individual assets - strengths, values, experience, skills, knowledge and motivation to maximise performance potential
- The place of mistakes and forgiveness in performance management
- A specific performance management conversational structure and style
- How to use goal-setting as a performance management tool
- Seven tips for creating enjoyable and effective performance management conversations.
This course is suitable for anyone who is expected to have an impact on someone else’s performance. This could be a team leader, a coach or mentor or a human resources or learning professional. This course will help you have motivating and effective performance management conversations that really focus on building relationships, creating shared ambition and goals, identifying potential and creating great performance.