This course will demystify key financial concepts to give aspiring and active entrepreneurs and innovators a guide for understanding their financials and securing funding. Assuming that our learners have no prior knowledge in accounting, economics, or finance, we will work from the ground up to:
● Examine the many financing options available to get your new venture funded
● Learn the basics of finance, valuations, dilution, and non-dilutive funding source
● Understand capital structure for new ventures, term sheets and how to negotiate them, and the differences between early-stage versus later-stage financing
● Develop an understanding of how to develop winning investor pitches, who and when to pitch, how to avoid common mistakes that limit the effectiveness of the pitch, and how to ‘get to the close.
Key questions answered within the course include:
● If and when to raise outside capital?
● What kind of investors invest by stage and where to find them?
● What are your fundraising options?
● What are the key components of the term sheet?
● How to perform company valuations?
● How to pitch to investors?
● What techniques help the entrepreneur ‘get to the close’?