Introduction: Investigating the Literature on this subject
1. What is Evangelism? (Matthew): Sharing "good news" and making disciples
Reading the Gospels "backwards"
The Theology of Mission in the Gospel of Matthew
2. What is a disciple? (Mark): Learners and Followers
The Story of the disciples in the Gospel of Mark
Fisher of Men
Who do men say I am?
Take up your Cross
The Naked Disciple
3. What do disciples do? (Luke): Speakers and Doers- "Simple, mobile & urgent"
The activity of evangelism in the Gospel of Luke
Genealogy & Prophecy
"The Son of Man came to seek and save the lost"
4. What do disciples say? (John): Encounters and Conversations
A series of Encounters
The Word and the world
The Woman at the Well
5. Acts: The Church in Action - The corporate practice of evangelism
Acts 2 - Power for Witness
Acts 3,4 Persecution & Prayer
Acts 8 A Model Evangelist
Acts 9 The Importance of Story
Acts 13 A Sending Church
Acts 17 Athens & the Gospel in our world
Acts 19 Church Planting
6. The Letters of Paul: Ambassadors, Mobile teams, Spiritual Gifts, Cultural contexts
Church as the basis of evangelism
Speech as the process of communication
Hospitality as Evangelism
7. Rethinking Evangelism: What fits the context where you are?
Cultural/ Social/ Religious
Finding a Third Place
8. Reviewing Methods of Evangelism: What methodologies are available?
9. Conclusions- Taking the next step: How do we go forward from this course?