How are you?
This is Mohamed. I am super happy to share my Bachata passion with you and help you get your personal results.
"Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order." - Samuel Beckett.
This course is the natural continuity of our previous courses: see our classes for beginner, intermediate, advanced via our course directory on Udemy.
This new course you are about to start, created in 2020, will help you to include some dominican steps in your routine.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE BORN IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC TO ENJOY DOMINICAN BACHATA ?
DO YOU RECOGNIZE YOURSELF IN THIS SITUATION? ?
- You have never tried to learn Dominican bachata because you think it is too hard.
- You would like to try but you think it is not accessible for you.
- You have tried and it was so hard that indeed you think it is definitely not made for you…
- The worst: you have always stayed aside, sat down with your drink at the party every time the Dj plays a Dominican song.
- You invite a girl for a Dominican song but you only dance sensual or modern bachata and she let you know about her frustration by her non verbal communication . Too late, the dance experience is already a disaster.
- You are invited by a man that knows how to dance Dominican but you do not know any footwork or partnerwork to follow.
- You think you will have to train Dominican steps for 1 year to finally enjoy dancing a full song…
- You have the feeling that there is a curiosity inside you, but this is never the right time and you search for some excuses to always postpone your Dominican bachata learning…
- You want to know an easy method with easy steps to be able to lead, follow few steps no more, and start enjoying the whole dance party. But you haven't found it yet..
- You think you cannot do any footwork and your body has not the competence to footwork & partnerwork during the dance…
BUT TODAY I AM GOING TO HELP YOU TO END WITH THOSE FRUSTRATIONS ?
WHY IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO DANCE DOMINICAN BACHATA FOR YOU?
First, let me tell you, this is not your fault...
Nowadays, most of the workshops are about sensual or modern bachata.
There is a wrong perception about dancing Dominican bachata. People think you are either a professional, born in the Dominican Republic who has it in the blood and make it naturally. Or you are nothing…
But that’s wrong…
What about the people who just would like to be in the middle like you and I?
What the people who just wanna try accessible steps, footwork, partnerwork to enjoy a 4 min-song from Raulin Rodriguez & Romeo Santos -La Demanda for example.
That is possible for you !
That’s why my first objective with you is to show you that you can start today. This is easier & more accessible than you think. The method is to teach you first the footwork and then reproduce it with your partner in couple using the leading & following codes.
I selected among my Dominican bachata congresses the steps you could easily remember and reproduce in the social dance. It worked for me ! I have already filtered the steps for you. I removed the difficult steps and those which are not reproducible in social. You just need to do it with Petra & I.
THAT’S WHY I CREATED "DOMINICAN BACHATA For Dummies ” ? ♀️♂️
-5 complete online workshops to be able to do & express 20 different Dominican steps and kill the dancefloor like never before…
-We teach you footwork without & with music and we do with you. So that, you are able to dance individually which is very important in the Dominican Bachata.
-We teach you how to partnerwork with your partner without & with music and we do with you. So that, you are able to provide a clear signal if you are leader, and get the right interpretation of the signal if you are follower.
-In every workshop we detail everything to make you progress step by step. That’s why each workshop lasts around 45min+ in average.
-At the end of every workshop, we provide you some extra tips for the follower & leader to feed your learning process & dance experience with your partner.
-At the end of the program, we dance together a full Dominican bachata song using exclusively the traditional steps you have learnt along the way during the program.
WHY I DECIDED TO BUILD THIS DOMINICAN BACHATA PROGRAM? BECAUSE I HAVE ALSO SUFFERED (secret)… ?
Today I am very satisfied about dancing Dominican bachata at Salsa-Bachata-Kizomba parties but that was not the case during the 90% of my bachata dance period (I have been dancing since 2010 and just implemented Dominican at the early 2020 when I invested myself intensively to Dominican Bachata workshops & festival).
During 9 years of dancing I have considered that I did not need traditional bachata in my directory of steps because I enjoyed enough dancing sensual in social. But I realized that sensual has got too mainstream and ladies got bored with this monotonous rythm of sensual. The whole night the same...repeated weeks after weeks. I realized that I needed to diversify my bachata to boost myself first (i do not like comfort zone) and offer different sensations to the partners on the dance floor (better experience).
Before, when a dominican song was played, I admit, I was doing bullshit. I looked alike a clown trying to make some footwork that are certainly not considered as Dominican footwork at all in the directory of steps hehe. Or worst, I was naïve to think that if a girl liked my sensual dancing on modern songs so, she would probably like my sensual moves even during a Dominican song…
(They were to polite to tell me directly but, i felt a difference by their expression and non verbal communication...).
So, i decided to be really curious and engage myself on the dominican bachata culture (history, music, steps, energy). I started to be more cautious about what really was Dominican bachata. I wrote a long article on this topic on my blog and talked more about it around me. I started listening more Dominican music. I investigate on the history of the bachata to understand its roots and spirit.
Then , it convinced myself to work seriously on the Dominican bachata steps here in Europe. n January 2020, I attended a 100% Dominican bachata Festival in Amsterdam. And these 3 days of Dominican workshops, food, live talk and concerts have changed the dancer in me. Since that day I want to offer the possibility to the dancers to explore Dominican dance, music and culture. Beacause it is simply an injection of pure joy, humility and sharing on the dance floor. By Bachata nights are not the same anymore !
But, was not easy. I tell you. In the congress parties, only Dominican songs were played so you imagine my pain to fill every single song with great dancers in front me for 3 nights in row….
I felt like a beginner again after 9 years of intense “modern” bachata training and parties…
Such a shock !
So I trained more & more.
When I come back to my local community , the change was obvious: I am now siper enthusiastic when a traditional bachata song is played by a dj. The partners are so happy because they know I can produce diversity of steps more adapted to the traditional genre. I feel more creativity now in my bachata dance. Before I was a sensual dancer who were not able to move his own body. Today, I am more complete because able to dance Dominican Bachata … The heart of the Bachata dance by the way...
I never spend anymore my time alone when a traditional song is playing…I invite the closest partner.
And do you know the best part of the story?
I also implement Dominican song during the modern bachata music when musicality (example when the guitar is played like in palabras que Matan from Dustin Richie) allows it.
Ps: did I tell you that after every workshop in the program, we will also practice the new steps on a modern bachata music. So that you will know that it can work for the two types of music. Whereas, sensual bachata steps (body moves) cannot work at all with Dominican music…
TODAY THIS IS ALREADY AN OLD STORY … ?
I assume to be a sensual dancer AND a traditional dancer too.
I decided to filter the steps I have learned because the goal is to enjoy a full Dominican song. No need to be a Dominican dancer born in DR… That's not the point.
I purely decided to dance and teach an accessible traditional bachata . Straight to the point: you have fun on the dance floor & you stand out because 80% of the bachata dancers do not know more than 5 traditional steps...
Today, I want to train a maximum of motivated dancers to dance Dominican bachata and don’t stay aside during the parties.
You can dance sensual bachata AND Traditional Bachata. It is not OR but AND.
80% dance modern bachata and only 20% dance Dominican.
Ps: I've learnt from the Best to become better than before. i am here with Sammy El Magico & Carolina one of the experts of Dominican Bachata in the World.
TIME TO FINISH WITH FRUSTRATIONS. LET’s MAKE IT! LET’S TALK RESULTS AT THE END OF THIS PROGRAM, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
-Dance a full bachata song with exclusively the traditional steps you have been taught in the program.
-You will apply the steps in your social dancing at night.
-You will be able to apply your Dominican steps on the dominican songs & modern songs too.
MOTIVATED? YOU HAVE THE CHOICE… ?
-You continue what you have done until now and you avoid exceptional experiences.
-You go on collecting bad experiences when you will try dancing on Dominican music at parties saying “if I have known…”.
-You remain ignorant that to be a real bachata dancer you need to know the traditional dance which is the root of what is Bachata.
-You feel SO GOOD because you discover that Dominican bachata is simply Joy & Smile.
-You finally become more attractive on the dancefloor.
-You finally stand out from 80% dancers around you.
✔️SO, Get Excited ... !
✔️ What our students say about our Online Bachata Classes :
· "You are a fantastic teacher. Very patient and kind! " Kneox26 (USA)
· 'Hi Mohamed, I like the kindness that shines from you and the global philosophy/attitude when dancing with your partner. Please continue making videos like this one , the pace is good for learners like me , not too fast / not too slow. You also provide many subtle advises that worth gold ! I have no doubt your channel will be a success with time , perseverance is key ;-)Your dance partner also rocks, you together makes an excellent combination ! '' -Jim (New Zealand)
· « The training is really good. There is the part how to dance & the mindset what is also important for me” -Mimi (France)
· « I really like it. We dance at home plugging the classes in our TV. The lessons are very accessible for us beginner and we are progressing faster than we thought because it is well explained what we need to do: follower, leader of the dance. I really love the special library of 100 bachata music. It goes beyond dancing, it is an overall experience. It makes feel us good with my wife” – Robertas & Marija (Lithuania).
✔️ If you have a question during the course, feel free to write me at [email protected] or simply here in the Udemy message center. Generally i answer within the next 24h.
✔️ do not forget to leave your appreciation & feedback here in Udemy! Why? Because it will make the world dance more with fun, love & excitement ! With a review of 5 stars, Udemy will promote the course to more people. You will make the people start dancing bachata. This our beautiful mission !
Mohamed & Petra
See you in a moment,
-Mohamed & Petra