There has been a growing interest in Serverless computing due to the increase in developer productivity, built in auto-scaling abilities, and reduced operational costs. In combining both microservices and Serverless computing, organizations will benefit from having the servers and capacity planning managed by the cloud provider, making them much easier to deploy and run at scale.
This comprehensive 2-in-1 course is a comprehensive and all-inclusive guide to using the API gateway and incorporating it in your Serverless ecosystem. Create a system where the infrastructure, scalability, and security are managed by AWS. Reduce your support, maintenance, and infrastructure costs. Also explore the power of the Serverless ecosystem with AWS services including DynamoDB, API Gateway, and much more!
Contents and Overview
This training program includes 2 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Building a Scalable Serverless Microservice REST Data API, covers practical solutions to building Serverless applications. This course will teach you how to build an end-to-end Serverless application for your organization. We have selected a data API use case that could reduce costs and give you more flexibility in how you and your clients consume or present your application, metrics and insight data. You’ll make use of the latest Serverless deployment and build framework, share your experience on testing, and provide best practices for running a Serverless stack in a production environment.
The second course, Deep Dive into API Gateway and Building a Serverless Application, covers building applications using the API Gateway. In this course you’ll focus on the next component of AWS that offers Serverless computing—the API gateway service. You’ll learn how to develop the various parts of the API gateway. Then you’ll look into deploying the API gateway. You’ll also learn to secure the API gateway. You’ll integrate AWS Lambda and the API gateway.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to build secure, cost-effective, and scalable Serverless data API, using the API Gateway service with AWS.
About the Authors
- Richard T. Freeman, Ph.D. currently works for JustGiving, a tech-for-good company and the world’s most trusted social platform for online giving that’s helped 22 million users in 164 countries raise $4.5 billion for over 27,000 good causes. He is also offering short-term freelance cloud architecture & machine learning consultancy. He is a highly accomplished results-driven hands-on certified AWS Solutions Architect, Data Engineer and Data Scientist with proven success in delivering cloud-based big data analytics, unstructured data, high-volume, and scalable solutions. At Capgemini, he worked on large and complex projects for Fortune Global 500 companies and has experience in extremely diverse, challenging and multi-cultural business environments. Richard has a solid background in computer science and holds a Master of Engineering (MEng) in computer systems engineering and a Doctorate (Ph.D.) in machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing. He has worked in charity, insurance, retail banking, recruitment, financial services, financial regulators, central government and e-commerce sectors, where he: - Provided design, architecture and technical consulting on client site for complex event processing, business intelligence, enterprise content management, and business process management solutions.
- Delivered in-house production cloud-based big data solutions for large-scale graph, machine learning, natural language processing, cloud data warehousing, ETL data pipeline, recommendation engines, and real-time streaming analytics systems.
- Worked closely with IBM and AWS and presented at industry events and summits
- Published research articles in numerous journals, presented at conferences and acted as a peer-reviewer
- Has over three years of production experience with Serverless computing on AWS
- Alan Rodrigues is a software technology evangelist with over 10+ years in the software industry. Being abreast with the latest technologies is what he does best. One life is just not enough to intake all the information the world has to offer, but he does his bit and takes it one step at a time. These are just a few of the technologies he is well-versed in:
- Cloud Services - Amazon Web Services. Certified in AWS as a SysOps Administrator. Well-versed in Azure Web Services as well.
- Business Intelligence – SAP Business Objects, Informatica Powercenter.
- Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, JIRA Agile, JIRA service desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Hipchat)
- Configuration, Continuous Integration - Subversion, Git, Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo.
- Operating Systems - Windows server 2003, 2008 & 2012, Windows 7, 10, Ubuntu, CentOS.
- Databases - Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Change and Release Management – HPSM, HP uCMDB, Atlassian Service Desk.