“52 Marathons In 52 Weeks: How to Run a Marathon Every Week For a Year” by Karl Gruber is the definitive guide on how to go about preparing yourself to run one 26.2 mile race – a marathon – for 52 straight weeks. Gruber stands on a platform of integrity of his expertise in writing about this topic in that he himself successfully accomplished running 52 marathons in 52 weeks in 1996 – 1997. While it may seem that this topic represents a small niche of runners, the running of multiple marathons on a regular basis has seen massive growth and popularity in the past twenty years.
The popularity of running numerous marathons on a regular basis, and running longer and longer distances non-stop, has seen an exponential growth within the global running community over the last two decades. In light of this, the guide, “52 Marathons In 52 Weeks: How to Run a Marathon Every Week for a Year” by Karl Gruber, is your guide on how to successfully prepare for, and accomplish doing exactly that – running 52 marathons in 52 weeks. Having successfully accomplished this feat of running himself, Gruber offers you a definitive guide on how to go about successfully becoming a member of the 52 in 52 clubs.
In this guide, you will learn:
- How to train your body properly to prepare for the physical rigors of running 52 marathons in 52 weeks
- How to handle, organize, and deal with the logistics of such a gargantuan effort
- What training program works best to get you into peak shape to run 52 marathons
- Proper nutrition, and tips on staying fueled, hydrated, and rested
- How to deal with your critics and naysayers
- How to maintain a positive and self-confident attitude during the long year of running marathons
About the Expert:
Karl Gruber is the 9th man in the world to run 52 marathons in 52 weeks. He was inspired to run a marathon every week for a period of a year to raise awareness for leukemia. Now, Karl shares his incredible lessons through this "52 Marathons in 52 Weeks" guide. Gruber is also a published author, speaker, and life coach.